CCF Consultants Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online . We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law .
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“ Our Site ”
means this website, www.smartcurtains.co.uk ; and
means CCF Consultants Limited , a limited company registered in England under 08201515 , whose registered address is Rosary Cottage, Low Street, York. YO60 7TG .
2. Information About Us
2.1 Our Site, www.smartcurtains.co.uk , is owned and operated by CCF Consultants.co.uk , a limited company registered in Engla nd under 08201515 , whose registered address is Rosary Cottage, Low Street, York YO60 7TG and whose main trading address is the same . Our VAT number is 255709191 .
3. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
Some data will be collected automatically by Our Site, other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it . Depending upon your use of Our Si te, We may collect some or all of the following data :
4. Data Collected
- date of birth;
- business/company name
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site , and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 . For more details on security see section 6 , below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you . This includes :
- Supplying Our products and services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email Messages, Newsletters, Offers and Alerts that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking a link on each communication);
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message AND/OR post with information, news and offers on Our products AND/OR services . We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Dat a Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
6. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data W e have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure d ata collected through Our Site .
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
7. Do We Share Your Data?
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on O ur behalf . These may include payment processing, delivery of goods , search engine facilities, advertising and marketing . In some cases, the third parties may requi re access to some or all of your data . Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligati ons of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information . All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information . We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers . Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally requir ed to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority . We do not re quire any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
8. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes . When contacted you will however, be given the choice to have your d ata deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
9. How Can You Control Your Data?
- When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt – out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details).
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“th e CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”) . These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
10. Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any d ata at all . However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain d at a.
11. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal d ata held by Us (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee which will not exceed £ 10.00 . Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com , or using the contact details below in section 12 .
12. Contacting Us