Ordering Your Automatic Curtain Tracks
It’s as easy as making a phone call
Ordering your motorised curtain track is easy
Alternatively, if you’re reading this in the evening or at the weekend then just pop your details in the boxes, and we’ll call you back at a time that suits you.
We can go over everything with you to make sure you get precisely the right track for the job. suits you.
Here are some things you should consider before you call:
- Measure the width of the opening where your plan to automate your curtains.
- Then you need to consider how much broader your new motorised track needs to be to allow the curtains to stack back off the window.The fullness and thickness of your curtains, as well as the number of gliders per curtain, have a bearing on this. It’s better to measure in millimetres, but whatever units of measurement you use, be consistent. We usually allow 15mm of additional track per glider. We also add 100mm per side to accommodate the drive boxes and the overlap arms require an additional 175mm per side.
So, if your curtains have 12 gliders per side our allowances per side would be:
(100mm for the end drive units) + (15mm x 12 gliders) + (175mm overlap arm) = 455mm per side.
In this example, our finished track size would be 455mm + [window width in mm] + 455mm.
If the track is being fitted wall-wall, or inside a recess, then simply provide us with the wall-to-wall measurement as the only adjustment we need to make is a very small one.
- Depending on how many curtain tracks you want to control you have a choice of a single channel, two channel or six channel remote control.
- Then we need to consider how the track will be fitted above the window – will it be direct to the wall or a timber batten on the wall or will it be mounted to the ceiling? This will help us determine which fitting brackets you need.
- Then, do you want the curtain to open to one side only? In which case do you want the curtain to open to the left or the right? Or do you want the curtains to open in the middle?
- The curtains are operated by a hand-held remote control unit which is included as standard. However, you can also add the convenience of unattended operation by adding a 7-day timer.
Don’t worry if any of the above is a bit of a challenge. Just give us a call on 01904 599 503 and let us know what you’ve got in mind and we’ll happily talk you through everything, so you get the exact motorised track for your requirements.
If you’re happy with what we suggest, then we’ll issue an invoice which will give you the details of the track you are ordering. You can then pay by card or BACS transfer – the details will be on the invoice. Once we receive payment, your track will be scheduled for manufacturing in our workshop. Once the track is fully assembled and tested, we’ll arrange to ship it at a time that suits you. Allow around ten days from order receipt to delivery to you.
If you are in a bit of a hurry and you need a blue light job, then please do give us a call. We have an optional 2 to 3-day Fast Track (forgive the pun!) service but it this is only available if our busy workshop schedule allows.
Help Is At Hand
We’ve been helping our clients with their automation projects for over 25 years and we’re happy to share our knowledge and expertise with you to help you get the right track for the job.
Our consultations and advice are free. Just pick up the phone and give us a call on 01904 599 503.
Download Our Guide To Smart Curtains