Ordering Your Automatic Curtain Tracks
It’s as easy as making a phone call
Ordering your motorised curtain track is easy
Alternatively, if you’re reading this in the evening or at the weekend then just pop your details in the boxes, and we’ll call you back at a time that suits you.
We can go over everything with you to make sure you get precisely the right track for the job.
Here are some things you should consider before you call:
- Measure the width of the opening where you plan to automate your curtains. Take a look at our helpful blog post how-to-measure-for-electric-curtains-tracks .
- Once you’re ready to purchase automated curtains, you’ll need to measure the space you plan to have your electric curtains fitted to. You only need to measure the width of the window – we will work out the track length for you unless you know the track length you need. Here’s what we do for you:We add some measurements on top of the window width. You’ll need some room either side to account for space the curtain will need once it’s in the open position when it becomes gathered (we refer to the Open Stack Width).
The added measurements for this will depend upon the size and thickness of your curtain material, as well as the number of gliders you wish to use. We usually allow 15mm of additional track per glider to account for this. Generally there are 10 gliders per metre of track.
We also add 270mm each side to accommodate room for the drive boxes & overlap arms.
If your curtains have 12 gliders per side our allowances per side would be:
(width of window) + (15mm X 12 glider) + (270mm) = total track needed in mm
If the track is being fitted wall-wall, or inside a recess, then simply provide us with the wall-to-wall measurement as the only adjustment we need to make is a very small one.
- Depending on how many curtain tracks you want to control you have a choice of a single channel, two channel or six channel remote control.
- Then we need to consider how the track will be fitted above the window – will it be direct to the wall or a timber batten on the wall or will it be mounted to the ceiling? This will help us determine which fitting brackets you need.
- Then, do you want the curtain to open to one side only? In which case do you want the curtain to open to the left or the right? Or do you want the curtains to open in the middle?
- The curtains are operated by a hand-held remote control unit which is included as standard. We now supply by default our new Wifi enabled motor so scheduled control by phone app is now standard. Search your app store for ‘Smart Life’ or ‘Tuya Smart’ for the FREE control app. These apps also allow control of compatible LED bulbs and dozens of other devices to create automated scenes.
Don’t worry if any of the above is a bit of a challenge. Just give us a call on 01904 599 503 and let us know what you’ve got in mind and we’ll happily talk you through everything, so you get the exact motorised track for your requirements. If you like we can produce a quick sketch of the space to show how the curtain track will sit within it.
If you’re happy with what we suggest, then we’ll issue an invoice which will give you the details of the track you are ordering. You can then pay by card or BACS transfer – the details will be on the invoice. Once we receive payment, your track will be scheduled for manufacturing in our workshop. Once the track is fully assembled and tested, we’ll arrange to ship it at a time that suits you. Allow around ten days from order receipt to delivery to you.
If you are in a bit of a hurry and you need a blue light job, then please do give us a call. We have an optional 2 to 3-day Fast Track (forgive the pun!) service but it this is only available if our busy workshop schedule allows.
Help Is At Hand
Our consultations and advice are free. Just pick up the phone and give us a call on 01904 599 503.
Download Our Guide To Smart Curtains
Contact Us and Ask Us A Question
Need help making your decision, struggling with pricing or integrating with an existing system. Tell us about your project and find out how we can help.